Parents & students are encouraged to monitor student grades. Please note:
- A BLANK grade means that an assignment has been created, but no grade has been entered. Blank grades have no effect on a student's average. Occasionally, a blank grade might actually be a missing grade. Students should know whether or not they have turned in an assignment.
- MSG (="missing") means that the student has not submitted an assignment that he/she is required to complete. Depending on the due date, this may be an assignment a student can still complete. Per department policy, social studies assignments will not earn credit when handed in more than one calendar day (by 4:20 p.m.) after the due date.
- EXC (="excused") means that a student is excused from an assignment. This has no effect on a student's average.
- Only major unit tests, or grades counted in the "tests" category, can be retaken. They may only be retaken if a student earns a 69 or below on the original test. Quizzes count as daily grades and cannot be retaken.
- Please note that a retaken test is never the same as the original test. The higher of the two grades is counted in the student's average.